1. Why should I choose R&S Automated Medical Services?
R&S has been in business for 18 years. Let our experience work for you. We will custom design a billing program based on your unique medical practice. We then give you the personalized and individualized services that your business deserves. We are not a one-size fits all medical billing company. We will partner with you and the members of your office team to streamline your claims. The net result of having a customized billing program means it works for you and ultimately produces more revenue. You maintain absolute control over the financial affairs of the practice, and receive detailed monthly reports
2. How do I know that my patient data is secure?
We know how critical the security of patient data is. R&S makes patient data security a top priority by investing substantial resources in our state of the art operations center. Our secure network backs up all client data several times per day. All of our team members sign strict confidentiality agreements. We do not give out information over the phone to anyone but patients, and responsible parties after proper verification. R&S is HIPAA Compliant. Our systems, processes and partners are all compliant and 100% guaranteed.
3. How do we get our claims to you?
The quick answer is this: whatever method works for you and your practice. You can have them faxed, scanned/emailed, or mailed via USPS. The other option: our proprietary software includes a scheduling component which allows you to get the claim information to us immediately on a daily basis. We will work with whatever method is the most convenient for you and your practice. If you are in our local area, we will even personally pick up your superbills every week! There is no charge for this personalized attention
4. Do you transmit claims electronically?
Yes. R&S transmits claims electronically to those companies that have the capabilities and that are efficient with Electronic Medical Claims. We do process certain payers on paper only when the payer requires paper.
5. How quickly do we get reimbursed?
The average turnaround time in the industry is 30-45 days. At R&S, our goal is your goal: receive payments in the quickest manner possible. We do this by providing accurate submissions. R&S strives to provide correct electronic submissions and the result: you will receive payment from many payers within 14 days!
6. How quickly can my practice be up and running?
1-3 days if necessary. R&S does credentialing if you are a new practice to ensure that you are up and running quickly. We train your office team when it is convenient for you and your patients.
7. How often are my claims processed?
Within 24 hours of receiving your superbills, we will prepare your claims for processing. If we need to gather additional information from your practice, we will work with your office team to obtain it quickly and accurately.
8. Where does my money go?
All payments come directly to your office.
9. Why do some billing firms only charge by the claim vs. a percentage of collected revenue?
R&S will work with your practice needs. We charge on a percentage basis of total revenue collected. This gives us an incentive to obtain the maximum revenue due and quickly. Many new billing companies will charge you a flat fee per claim because they are normally only skilled in the initial transmission or submission of the claim to the insurance company. Because R&S only makes money if you receive payment, we are more compelled to work harder, follow through with secondary submissions, address denials, and get you the highest reimbursement possible.
10. Is there any software or hardware to buy?
No. R&S does not require you to purchase costly software or hardware.
11. Does R&S Automated Medical Services provide credentialing for physicians?
Yes, we do. R&S handles the entire process of obtaining your credentials with all major insurance companies. This is done free of charge.
12. What services are included with this fee?
- R&S handles everything from patient demographic entry, charge entry, and insurance verification to claim submissions and appeals. Most importantly, we provide you with our aggressive, detailed review and follow-up. We mail monthly statements to patients with outstanding balances.
- FREE Web-based Billing Status & Reporting—this allows you to service your patients in the office and have full real-time electronic access to all data.
- FREE Web-based Scheduling and daily charge submissions. Our software is secure, proven, used by providers around the country AND at No Charge to our clients.
- Peace of Mind that your healthcare reimbursement program is being handled by a seasoned, professional partner who wants you to succeed.
- Complete data entry from initial visit and all follow-up visits for existing patients.
- Electronically transmit claims via a clearinghouse to payers
- Payment posting and balance reconciliation
- Bill secondary and tertiary claims
- Prepare and mail statements to patients
- All calls from insurance companies and patients come directly to R&S to answer and resolve all billing questions.
- Accounts Receivable Follow-up
- Accounts Receivable reports and Aged Trial Balance Reports
- Complete follow-up and resolution on all accounts until they are paid and/or processed in their entirety.
- With R&S Automated Medical Services, you can focus on your patients and growing your practice.